Full Time – Compensation: $13-16 DOE
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, the Receiving Clerk employee will receive & stock all incoming shipments with accuracy and attention to detail, while always providing excellent customer service; ensure specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verify stock and identify losses; stock inventory in correct bin locations; maintain an organized layout and safe work environment in the warehouse.
- Receive & stock incoming orders in an EFFICIENT, ACCURATE and TIMELY manner.
- Performs sorting, packaging and labeling of materials and supplies to be put into inventory.
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Operates various small equipment and machinery to store and retrieve large pallets of merchandise and materials to and from storage areas, e.g., forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, electric cart.
- Performs numerous essential record keeping duties to organize and ensure accuracy of warehouse receiving and inventory databases.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Performs general maintenance and custodial tasks of warehouse facilities and equipment, e.g., sweeping, discarding waste.
- Maintain a clean and positive work atmosphere.
- Conforms to all safety procedures; Attend and participate in regular safety meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year prior forklift driver experience; must be able to pass a certification course.
- Regularly lift and move objects 5-50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh 80lbs with assistance.
- Experience in fields of HVAC is an asset but not required!
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Computer keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the staff.